DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT
HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
GUARDIAN WORKDAYS – Volunteer workdays will start again in March!
Sign up below to participate in workdays or other activities including marketing, development, administrative and other functions to help us GROW the Garden.
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS OF THE GARDEN
WHY THE GARDEN MATTERS
The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will offer important educational opportunities to visitors of all ages through interpretive labeling, seasonal classes, symposia, and workshops held in the Garden. Regional residents and students will be encouraged to conduct research on-site.
The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will increase tourism to the region, create a beautiful venue for public events, and offer opportunities for physical activity. A growing body of research attests to the mental and physiological benefits of engaging with nature. The Garden will be an inspiring and beautiful green space where visitors can experience the restorative properties of nature amid the flora and natural environment of the Piedmont region.
Moreover, the Garden will have a significant positive impact on local ecosystems, by supporting pollinators, stabilizing soil, preserving water resources, and fostering the ecological character of the Virginia Piedmont.
NEWS RELEASE | Charlottesville, VA | March 3, 2022 Charlottesville, VA (March 3, 2022) … The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont (BGP) has secured its single largest donation to date thanks to a $1.5 million gift from Dr. Carol R. Angle. Dr. Angle’s unprecedented...
MISSED THE PROGRAM? LISTEN NOW!
THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
– Building Goodness Foundation, without whose efforts our Kiosk would still be a dream.
– William Marks, of Marks Fine Woodworking for designing, building and installing the wood signs on our kiosk.
– Mark Hahn, president of Harvest Moon Catering, for helping us make our Spring Benefit a success. Kudos to those who participated by enjoying dinner for two, Staying Home and Celebrating.
– Bartlett Tree Experts for helping with the stewardship of the Garden site and taking great care of the trees.
– J.W. Townsend Landscapes for creating our large gathering area and for continuous support with equipment to move and spread mulch, enabling trails and seating areas to become a reality.
– Leslie Harris, LH Gardens for beautifying the Garden site with beautiful daffodils.
– Wegmans Food Markets for supporting our educational and volunteer events.
Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will be Central Virginia’s premier botanical garden and a showcase for the natural landscape of the Piedmont region.
HELP BUILD THE GARDEN
Support Virginia’s botanical and horticultural heritage.
STAY INFORMED WITH the Garden NEWS
Receive occasional email updates from Botanical Garden of the Piedmont