Just Ask! in the Garden with Bennett's Village
Explore the wonders of nature available for everyone in the outdoors in this collaboration between Bennett’s Village and the Botanical Garden of the Piedmont.
Blog Posts Needed!
Stream Restoration Begins
The Garden will be under Construction for the Stream Restoration from February 15, 2023 for 6-9 months. Thank you for supporting our environmental efforts.
DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT
HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
The more input we get, the better!
GUARDIAN WORKDAYS – Volunteer workdays will start again in March!
Sign up below to participate in workdays or other activities including marketing, development, administrative and other functions to help us GROW the Garden.
WHY THE GARDEN MATTERS
The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will offer important educational opportunities to visitors of all ages through interpretive labeling, seasonal classes, symposia, and workshops held in the Garden. Regional residents and students will be encouraged to conduct research on-site.
The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will increase tourism to the region, create a beautiful venue for public events, and offer opportunities for physical activity. A growing body of research attests to the mental and physiological benefits of engaging with nature. The Garden will be an inspiring and beautiful green space where visitors can experience the restorative properties of nature amid the flora and natural environment of the Piedmont region.
Moreover, the Garden will have a significant positive impact on local ecosystems, by supporting pollinators, stabilizing soil, preserving water resources, and fostering the ecological character of the Virginia Piedmont.
City Council Presentation by BGP 11/7/2022
Watch Jill Trischman-Marks, Executive Director of the Botanical Garden of the Piedmont, present the Garden's Annual Report at the City Council Meeting on 11/7/2022. If clicking does not work, copy and paste this link:...
Winter 2023 Issue#16
MISSED THE COMMUNITY DESIGNED PUBLIC SPACES PROGRAM? LISTEN NOW!
THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
– Building Goodness Foundation, without whose efforts our Kiosk would still be a dream.
– Harvest Moon Catering and Mark Hahn, for for helping us make our Spring Benefit a success. This company was an incredible community partner for our Stay Home Celebrate event.
– William Marks, of Marks Fine Woodworking for designing, building and installing the wood signs on our kiosk.
– Bartlett Tree Experts for helping with the stewardship of the Garden site and taking great care of the trees.
– J.W. Townsend Landscapes for creating our large gathering area and for continuous support with equipment to move and spread mulch, enabling trails and seating areas to become a reality.
– Leslie Harris, LH Gardens for beautifying the Garden site with beautiful daffodils.
– Wegmans Food Markets for supporting our educational and volunteer events.
Thank You to Our Non-Profit Partners
Botanical Garden of the Piedmont will be Central Virginia’s premier botanical garden and a showcase for the natural landscape of the Piedmont region.
HELP BUILD THE GARDEN
Support Virginia’s botanical and horticultural heritage.
STAY INFORMED WITH the Garden NEWS
Receive occasional email updates from Botanical Garden of the Piedmont